- Please see our template invoice example invoice template.
- Make sure to include bank information and currency in which you would like to be paid.
Invoices should be submitted in the currency used in your contract (and USD by default), if expenses were purchased in a different currency, please use this currency converter: https://www1.oanda.com/currency/converter/ and use the date of purchase. (Do not use the Veem currency converter.)
NOTE: If the the currency in your contract differs from your payment currency, Airbase converts your invoice amount into your desired payment currency. This may result in a favorable or unfavorable exchange rate. To mitigate this:
A. Retain a contract in the same currency as your payment currency. Updated employment contracts are handled by the People Team.
B. Maintain an account in the same currency as your contract to avoid exchange rate instability.
Your monthly invoice amount depends on whether you work a full month or a partial month.
- Full month: to find your monthly invoice amount, refer to your contract, which should state the monthly rate (or take your annual pay and divide it by 12 to arrive at the monthly amount). Most months are full months, including when you take PTO or when there are holidays.
- Partial month: use the formula below to prorate partial months. Partial months happen, for example, if your contract starts in the middle of a month.
- Divide your full month invoice amount by 173.33 hours (average hours worked per month based on 40 hour weeks for 52 weeks, according to the IRS).
- Multiply by the number of hours you worked in the pay period.
- Example: If you get paid $6000 per month and worked 5 days (40 hours): 6000 / 173.33 = 34.62 x 40 = $1384.8
- Include any fringe benefits on your invoice as individual line items as well (mobile phone, internet, wellness benefits, etc.).
- Please note teammates are entitled to entire monthly benefit amount for mobile phone ($75), internet ($50), wellness ($100)
- For teammates who receive commissions (i.e. sales/CE teammates), please also include commissions as an individual line item. The amounts will be communicated to you prior to the end of the month via the sales operations manager (for sales teammates) and finance manager (for CE teammates).
- If additional expenses are incurred that month (i.e. home desk setup, co-working/office space), please group by type in each line item of the invoice and attach all expense receipts to the same email.
- When purchasing a laptop which requires taxes and shipping costs greater than $1,500, please notify the People Team and Finance with a description of the costs and choose the best method of purchase and shipment in accordance with our philosophy in spending company money).
- All invoices should be sent via email to our accounting team, email@example.com All invoices will be paid through Airbase. Accounting will create an account with your personal email and bank information provided on your invoice.
- Invoices should be sent as a PDF or Excel spreadsheet, so that it can be automatically picked up by Airbase and avoids needing to manually upload the invoice.
- When submitting your first invoice, you will need to provide a W9 (US Based) or W8BEN (international).
- A number of teammates are on a contracting structure and will need to submit an invoice once a month for payment.
- Submit monthly invoices as early as the 20th of the current month.
- Once submitted invoices will be routed to your direct manager for approval.
- Accounting will track that managers are approving invoices and will approve after the manager approves.
- Keep in mind that payment processing can take up to 7 days. Accounting will process payment twice a week for invoices received in this period.
- The PEO will pay these teammates directly in their local currency via direct deposit and in accordance with local employment laws. As such, no invoice is required.