On the Customer Engineering team, we help developers use Sourcegraph to solve their organization’s Big Code problems and help our users get more value from using Sourcegraph in more and better ways. We are a combination of pre-sales sales engineering and post-sales customer success. We are first and foremost responsible for building and fostering relationships with developer users and champions at our prospects and customers. We serve as the technical experts during the sales cycle and help enable our customers throughout our journey together.
We show up for our customers, open source users, and teammates by living up to our Sourcegraph values and handbook, as well as in the following ways:
- We deeply know and understand our customers and their needs; we enable them and guide them
- We teach our customers new and better ways to get value from Sourcegraph as thought leaders and evangelists
- We serve as the voice of the customer to internal teams, providing key insights and feedback, and raising feature requests
CEs are both “pre-sales” and “post-sales” because the moment that a sale occurs doesn’t usually change what organizations need from us. Most organizations have deployed Sourcegraph and rolled it out (sometimes widely, sometimes to a limited proof-of-concept group) by the time they become a paying customer. This is different from many other enterprise software products, where the software isn’t actually used (for real) until the contract is signed.
This continuity means we give customers consistent and high-quality service from the moment we meet them. We minimize handoffs, which is good for customers and helps our team take pride in seeing their work through.
- Aimee Menne (VP of Customer Engineering)
- Christy Haragan (Director of Customer Engineering, International)
- Bob Roudebush (Director of Customer Engineering, Americas)
- CE Manager, Americas
- International - EMEA & APAC
- Americas - US West
- Americas - US East
More details about our team members in our team READMEs.