Equality of opportunity at Sourcegraph
We work hard to recruit, reward, and support the best people from all over the world to be part of the Sourcegraph team, including people who have varying degrees of access to opportunities. We hire and reward people based on their contributions to our mission and our company. We value, respect, and support all team members, and we celebrate that our team has all kinds of backgrounds, personal characteristics, beliefs, ideologies, and personal values. All of this is critical for us to make it so everyone codes (our mission).
We don’t factor in race, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or any other status protected by applicable law when making decisions about hiring, employment, compensation, and promotion.
Equality of opportunity at Sourcegraph means we support our team with the following policies:
- Location-independent compensation for each role.
- Standardized and benchmarked compensation criteria based on skill and impact.
- Pay transparency and job leveling visible to all teammates.
- Asynchronous work whenever reasonable, which makes it easier for teammates across timezones to be included in conversations and decision-making.
- Thorough and unbiased interviews conducted through BrightHire, a tool that enables standardized and consistent evaluations.
- Candidate screenings that evaluate individual skillsets, past accomplishments, and contributions to building strong company culture.
- Clear guidelines and enforced minimums for paid time off, which account for a variety of PTO reasons like well-being, religion, life, holidays, etc.
- Anonymous surveys for all teammates aimed at collecting feedback about our culture, strategies, and ways of working.
- Access to counseling and coaching sessions through Modern Health.