Welcome! We’re so excited to have you join the BizOps team. This document outlines the structure of your first few weeks at Sourcegraph. Most of the actual onboarding content is in Process Street, so to avoid duplication some sections are intentionally non-specific.
On your onboarding checklist you will find some onboarding sessions. Your manager will help you schedule the following training sessions:
- Your manager and you will work together to find good onboarding projects that combine your areas of interest with real problems we need to solve. These projects should include the following elements:
- Familiarize you with our tech stack (HubSpot/Salesforce for customer ops roles and BigQuery/Looker for product ops roles)
- Reinforce our product’s value propositions
- Include collaboration with another team to start building familiarity with how other teams operate
- Be opportunities for you to get a quick win or two
- Continue asking questions about Sourcegraph (the company and product) and reinforcing our values and goals.
- Look back at your onboarding material from week 1. It’s a lot of new information, but it will become second nature over time with a little bit of repetition!
- Think about how onboarding could be improved for the next person and make changes to it along the way. It will never be perfect, but it can always get better!
- Get onboarded onto your first big project!
- Month one check-in