When a pull request is coming from a non-Sourcegrapher, it won’t trigger a CI build on Buildkite automatically because we want to review the code before it runs on our CI infrastructure. Please review the PR to ensure it doesn’t make any malicious changes to our build scripts.
Also see: Accepting external contributions.
There are two options to trigger a build.
Run the following commands:
gh pr checkout $PR_NUMBER sg ci build
If the PR changes, pull changes into the branch, and run the above command again.
Alternatively, you can directly request a build for a specific commit:
sg ci build --commit $COMMIT
- Find the full length SHA of the latest commit, e.g.
- Find the branch name, e.g.
Akarshit:prefix) for #8234.
- Go to https://buildkite.com/sourcegraph/sourcegraph and click on New Build on the top-right menu.
- Fill in message (could be anything, copy the pull request title is better), commit SHA and branch.
- Click on Create Build, then the build status should be updated in the pull request checks.