Exceptions are periodically reviewed by the @dev-infra-team infra-team on a weekly basis.
Tag @dev-infra-team on Slack for help.
Discuss the process in #discuss-dev-infra.
- If a PR is considered to be an exception, a GitHub issue is automatically created over a GitHub repository dedicated to track them, and the teammate who is responsible will be assigned.
- When assigned such an issue, the teammate (or a peer) is required to post an explanation for the exception as well as to justify how it was reviewed and/or tested, and close it.
- If the issue is reopened by @dev-infra-support, the teammate must update the explanation until considered valid by @dev-infra-support.
All issues prior to have been reviewed manually, even if they do not carry the
- Current engineer on @dev-infra-support rotation reviews closed issues which do not have the label
- For each of those, if the provided explanation for the exception is valid, the engineer on rotation applies the label
- If the provided explanation is invalid, the issue is reopened with a comment explaining. Back to step 2 on the teammates part of the process.