Batch Changes Metrics
We track and report anonymous, non-specific, aggregate metrics from Sourcegraph instances as defined in pings.
We track revenue associated with add-on features in this (private) dashboard.
Key usage metrics
We track key usage metrics in this private Looker dashboard. We also track more granular metrics in this private drilldown looker dashboard.
|Are batch changes customers active?||number of active batch changes customers / number of batch changes customers|
|How much value are customers getting out of batch changes?||number of batch changes merged|
|Are batch changes successful?||merge rate of batch changes (changesets merged / changesets published)|
|Is Batch Changes being adopted broadly?||Batch Changes MAUs / Sourcegraph MAUs|
|Time to value||TBD|
- Batch Changes visitors: A visitor who triggers any event happening on a Sourcegraph Batch Changes property in a given month. In practice, we do not track CLI events, so this effectively only includes events in the GUI, or uploading a spec.
- Batch Changes MAU: A user that has taken an action to create or manage a batch change in a given month. In practice, a user that has previewed, or applied or closed a batch change in a given month. New actions that are added in the future, such as comment, merge, publish will be added.
- Active Batch Changes customer: A customer is considered as actively using Batch Changes if either:
- they have created more than 5 batch changes in the last 90 days
- or, they merged 100 changesets opened by Batch Changes in the last 90 days
Technical note: what is called a MAU here is called a “monthly_contributor” in the pings and what is called a monthly viewer here is called an MAU in the pings.