The Sourcegraph Brand Team exists to drive awareness and affinity for our brand to our audience. We make this possible by serving as a strategic creative partner to cross-functional stakeholders, connecting brand vision to business strategy, and bringing our brand to life across every touchpoint at every level of our company. We also protect and evolve the Sourcegraph brand identity to ensure consistency, congruency, and recognizability amongst our larger audience.
While we are able to design and produce creative concepts, as needed, our focus is primarily on being a trusted partner to all departments and external agencies/vendors by providing direction and feedback to ensure the work they produce is aligned with our Brand.
- Consistency - Presenting Sourcegraph in a unified way amplifies our voice
- Agility - Moving fast, delegating, and adapting will bring us to our goals quickly
- Creativity - Having a strong Brand Foundation enables us explore new concepts that delight our audience
- Measurement - Everything we do has a “why” behind it
The Brand Team works closely with teams at every level of the organization, and is a key stakeholder in overall company messaging, strategy, and engagement initiatives, as well as internally-facing messaging and branded programs or experiences.
Our team acts as liaison or point-of-contact with external entities when producing branded content, sponsorships, or partnerships in accordance with Sourcegraph’s Brand Guidelines.
- Tracey Johnson - Brand Designer
- More to come!
We deliver agency-caliber creativity and results in support of Sourcegraph’s business goals to drive awareness, engagement, and affinity for our brand.
The Brand Team is nested in the Product department of Sourcegraph, serving as cross-functional brand champion and creative partner for all internal teams and programs. With such a broad area of collaboration, we partner with external agencies and vendors. We provide the direction and review for the design work they fulfill.
Connect with us if you have questions about any of the following:
- Brand management, brand identity design, logos, lockups, colors, etc.
- Brand strategy, naming, positioning, packaging, narrative and market research
- See Naming Process Guide for more information on naming features, products, programs and initiatives
- Ownership of the Sourcegraph Brand Guidelines and our brand asset library
Design Strategy & Review
- Graphic design for print and digital media
- Illustrations, iconography, infographics
- Presentation graphics, layout and design
- Print design and production, marketing collateral, swag
Website/Digital Experience Strategy & Review
- Website design, page design, campaign and landing pages, microsites
- Interactive design, incl. data visualization and infographics
- Email design and copywriting review
- Digital creative strategy
This handbook entry isn’t meant to have ALL the answers; rather, it’s meant to be a living document that can change and adapt over time, while providing some frameworks and operational processes that help ensure smooth collaboration and successful partnering internally. Some of the typical questions that arise before starting a new project include:
- Who has final approval of the requested work?
- If our team doesn’t directly produce a campaign or asset, what is the best process for Brand review?
- How do we measure success/effectiveness of the requested project or asset?
- How do we ensure this project is laddering up to overarching business strategy?
- How involved do other teams/departments want to be in the creative process?