Atlassian Fisheye was released around 2007, initially as a source browser for companies who (before the advent of GitHub/Bitbucket) mostly lacked web-based source code browsers. It later added code search capabilities.
Sourcegraph is a good replacement for Fisheye as a code search tool when the primary usage is developers searching for code.
- Tight integration with the Atlassian suite of products, especially with builds from Atlassian Bamboo
- Perforce support (as well as Git, Subversion, Mercurial, and CVS)
- Common developer sentiment: “It feels like Fisheye’s code search is for managers to report on changes, not for developers in their daily workflow”
- Poor integration with GitHub and GitLab
- Deprioritized by Atlassian, with only infrequent and minor feature releases