1-line description: Sourcegraph is a code intelligence platform.
1-sentence description: Sourcegraph is a code intelligence platform that unlocks developer velocity by helping engineering teams understand, fix, and automate across their entire codebase.
- Understand: Understand your entire codebase. Search and find whatever you need instantly and visualize trends across your entire codebase.
- Fix: Secure vulnerabilities and resolve incidents faster.
- Automate: Automate key workflows and reduce repetitive work.
Boilerplate: Sourcegraph is a code intelligence platform that unlocks developer efficiency, helping engineers and engineering leaders understand, fix, and automate across their entire codebase. Over one million engineers use Sourcegraph to improve code security, efficiently onboard developers, promote code reuse, resolve incidents, and boost code health. Code intelligence is a critical capability that increases enterprise engineering velocity, software quality and stability, and team health. Leading companies like Databricks, Plaid, Uber, Lyft, Reddit, GE, and Dropbox, rely on Sourcegraph to build the products we all rely on. Sourcegraph is an all-remote company backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, Craft Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Goldcrest Capital.
Note: always check this doc for the latest boilerplate.
Also see the Positioning FAQ (private).
Previously, we positioned Sourcegraph as universal code search. While code search will always be essential to what we are as a company and as a product, it doesn’t reflect the evolution of Sourcegraph as a company and suite of products that solve 5 compelling use cases.
Whether you’re pitching a candidate on why they should join Sourcegraph, talking to an engineering leader at a target account, or just looking to answer the question “what is Sourcegraph” next time your family asks, here are some best practices:
- Think about the audience
- Tie it to something the audience (or their business) cares about
- Use an analogy to help them understand
- Tell a story to show how we evolved from a code search tool to a code intelligence platform
- Connect it to our five use cases