We identify candidates using a variety of channels.
If you are a Sourcegraph teammate and you receive an email and/or resume from a prospective candidate, please forward to email@example.com - the Talent Team will take it from there!
- Talent team actions:
- Confirm whether any of our current open roles might be a fit
- Connect with the candidate on LinkedIn to introduce yourself, share our careers page, and invite the candidate to either apply to one of our open roles, or reach out directly if they have any questions about an open role in the future.
- Add the candidate to our Greenhouse talent community (This sends an automated message that says we’ve received their interest and will be in touch should a relevant role come up).
- You can see more information about our recruitment branding efforts and where we advertise our jobs here.
- We actively recruit passive candidates via a variety of channels, including LinkedIn Recruiter.
- It is okay to reach out to prospective candidates that work at a Sourcegraph customer; however, do not mention their current employer or team being a customer of ours in the outreach. We should target prospective candidates for their skills and experience. We should not be using our customer vendor relationship as a way to outreach to our customer’s employees.
- After the intake call, the Recruiter or Sourcer will create a LinkedIn Recruiter project and include the Hiring Manager, relevant Director of the department and any teammates included in the interview plan, and will find 10+ relevant candidates.
- The Recruiter or Sourcer will send LinkedIn profiles to the Hiring Manager for review. Once the Hiring Manager adds comments, the Recruiter or Sourcer will use the feedback to source more appropriate candidates.
- Recruiters will continue to add LinkedIn profiles to the project and start an outreach campaign following our Sourcing Outreach Best Practices.
- Additional support: How to be a Sourcer at Sourcegraph
- Current teammates can refer a candidate in Greenhouse by following these instructions. There is no need for your referral to apply through our careers page once you have referred them in Greenhouse.
Q: When do we use agencies?
A: We only partner with select recruitment agencies in a limited capacity. Most recruiting takes place via our internal recruitment team. Any outside agency support must be approved by both the VP People & Talent and Head of Finance, who will review requests on a case-by-case basis. If internal Sourcegraph recruiters are not enough to meet the needs of the team, then we will consider outside help.
Q: How do we engage with a new agency?
A: To engage with a new agency, please Slack #hiring with your request, including 1) the agency name/contact information and 2) the roles that you would like the agency to work on. The VP People & Talent and Head of Finance will then review the agency. If approved, the VP of People & Talent will send and sign all agency agreements. All agencies sign our standard agreement. Our standard agency fee is 20%.
Q: How do agencies submit candidates?
A: The Talent Team will set each agency up with a Greenhouse account. All agencies must submit candidates via Greenhouse. If an agency does not submit a candidate via Greenhouse, they will not get credit for that candidate.
Q: Where do we store agency agreements?
A: The folder to store agency contracts can be found here.
Q: What do I do if an agency recruiter (with whom we do not have an agreement) emails me a candidate?
A: Please forward any emails from agencies to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our goal is to drive meaningful outreach and engagement with prospective candidates. When designing an engagement strategy, the goal is to create a sequence of messages and/or content at touch points delivered to a targeted candidate at predefined intervals.
- A Sourcer is responsible for sourcing passive and active candidates for open roles. A Sourcer partners extensively with Recruiters and Hiring Managers to identify, attract, and message appropriate candidates.
Here’s a guide on how a Sourcer partners with Recruiters and Hiring Managers.