Join us in sharing about life at Sourcegraph and our open roles! An important part of finding top notch talent is leveraging our individual networks. This page outlines tips and guidelines for promoting Sourcegraph’s culture, values, and what it’s like to work at Sourcegraph.
Sourcegraph will share the top priority roles we’re hiring for via LinkedIn and Twitter posts. It is encouraged to post about our open roles on personal Linkedin and Twitter profiles as well. Thank you for helping us attract and hire the best talent!
- Reshare company updates/articles from our company LinkedIn Profile
- When sharing our open roles on your LinkedIn, please use the following URL so that Greenhouse can track the number of applicants that apply through our personal LinkedIn posts: https://grnh.se/6c3034d74us
- If you prefer to share a specific role rather than the entire job board, please send a Slack message to #ask-hiring and a member of the talent team will create a tracking link for you to use
- Post ideas for LinkedIn
- We are building a team of brilliant dreamers around the globe. Join my team at Sourcegraph! https://srcgr.ph/32pe8gC
- At Sourcegraph we are developing the world’s most advanced code search navigation platform alongside some pretty awesome people. Check it out: https://srcgr.ph/32pe8gC
- More post examples to provide inspiration!
- Use these editable ‘We’re hiring’ Figma templates (Loom Tutorial)
- LinkedIn content library (Talent team only)
Each month we share a We’re hiring or Employee Spotlight on the company LinkedIn page, alternating between the two. The content is collected and posted by the Recruiting Operations team on the 2nd Wednesday of every month.
- New Hire Spotlights feature new teammates. The question template and previous responses can be found here.
- Teammate Spotlights feature a current teammate, ideally in a role that we are currently hiring for. This helps us to attract potential candidates. The question template and previous responses can be found here.
The Recruiting Operations team follows the following instructions to use Figma to create the banners for the posts:
- First, duplicate photo we want to use by clicking the title of the photo, then click command “d”
- Double click the text to edit
- To update the employee photo, click on the photo, go to “image” on right toolbar, fill image, upload image of teammate’s choosing
- If format gets messed up, click custom, then click “fit”
- Export image for LinkedIn:
- For normal: scroll down on right, export 2x, PNG, resolution high
- For compressed: figma logo top left, plugins, export compressed PDF, 2x, resolution high, PNG
Please go to #wg-recruitment-branding for more information and questions.
We made #244 on the 2022 Inc 5000 List and we want to spread the word about it! Feel free to share this post content on your social networks:
- Option 1: “I’m happy to share that we are #244 on the #Inc5000 fastest-growing companies list. How? By helping 1.275M devs understand their codebases with an all-remote team of 250+ teammates across 25+ countries. https://www.inc.com/profile/sourcegraph ”
- Option 2: “Huge thanks to our teammates for all their work to build Sourcegraph into a code intelligence platform used by dev teams at companies like Uber, GE, Reddit, Canva, and Plaid. https://lnkd.in/e3nUmcqz”
- Sourcegraph LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, Twitch, and Blog content.
- Sourcegraph Universal Code Search
- Dev Tool Time - Sourcegraph’s bi-weekly virtual event series in which guest developers share their favorite dev tools and productivity hacks.
- Perks, benefits, & compensation
- Careers page & open positions
- Company values
- Asynchronous communication
We encourage teammates to leave honest reviews about their Sourcegraph experience on the following sites:
You are welcome to use these prompts to get ideas flowing for your review:
- I enjoy working at Sourcegraph because…
- My favorite perk/benefit at Sourcegraph is…
- A day in the life of a Sourcegraph employee includes…
- Since starting at Sourcegraph, I have learned…
If you want to make a suggestion or notice outdated company details on any of our profiles, please let your recruiter know or send a slack in the #ask-hiring channel.
Our Careers Page is a great resource for candidates to learn about working at Sourcegraph and view our current job opportunities. In addition to posting our open roles on our Careers page and LinkedIn profile, we also leverage various job boards.
In order to assess the return on investment for any given job board, it is critical that we create custom sources and tracking links in Greenhouse. This will allow us to capture data on where applicants are applying from.
Please follow these instructions:
Step 1: Send a Slack message to #ask-hiring outlining the job board(s) you would like to post to and the job(s) you would like to see posted.
Step 2: A talent team member will 1) create a custom source in Greenhouse for that job board and 2) create a tracking link for a single job post and/or create a tracking link for the entire job board.
Step 3: The talent team member will provide the tracking links in the thread and help you post the roles!
- LinkedIn: All jobs that are publically listed in our applicant tracking system are automatically pushed to LinkedIn
- Glassdoor: All jobs that are publically listed in our applicant tracking system are automatically pushed to Glassdoor
- Indeed: All jobs that are publically listed in our applicant tracking system are automatically pushed to Indeed
- Wellfound: All jobs that are publicly listed in our applicant tracking system are automatically pushed to Wellfound
- Levels.FYI: All jobs that are publicly listed in our applicant tracking system are automatically pushed to Levels.FYI
- “Ask HN: Who is Hiring” monthly thread: Trevor Houghton posts one job to Hacker News on the first of every month
- BuiltIn: We have a company profile on BuiltIn that links to our careers page.
- Console: We have a company profile on Console that links to our careers page.
- Tech Ladies: All jobs that are publicly listed in our applicant tracking system are automatically pushed to Tech Ladies. Trevor owns this relationship. We can update our posted roles anytime by emailing email@example.com.
- Diversify Tech: Trevor Houghton can post open roles here upon request from the Hiring Manager. Each post costs money and will stay up for one month.
- TLDR: Trevor Houghton manually posts open roles here on a monthly basis
- Job boards we’re using for our Internship Program
We welcome suggestions for more places that we can post our open roles! Please reach out to your recruiter or post in the #ask-hiring slack channel to suggest a new job board.
We want to make sure our job postings reach a wide audience and that we’re posting in multiple places without a large overlap in members from our existing job postings.