See also internal profile
The Code Intelligence product offering comprises three distinct cognitive spaces: the production of semantic and heuristic language data, a platform tier that combines and scales the interconnected data set, and the end user experience via the API, Sourcegraph itself and code host integrations.
Our main value proposition is favoring accuracy via our semantic approach over availability like competitors’ heuristic offerings; this leads to a complex interplay between the various Code Intel cognitives, a higher barrier to entry for customers and slows how quickly we can provide value both to external customers and other Sourcegraph product teams.
As such, Code Intelligence has the need for an engineer that is able to traverse the breadth of our problem space and iterate on optimizing value-add and speed to value. As such, the engineer is expected to carry out and have the following skills and responsibilities:
- Providing value to customers by:
- Unifying the Code Intelligence experience: Sitting at the intersection of Code Intelligence cognitive spaces to provide a unified customer experience.
- Anticipating needs: working closely with product and design to shape and advise on customer needs.
- Sustainable product growth: striking the right balance between short term success and long term sustainability
- Effective product and technical execution in:
- Cross-stack: Able to effectively contribute and lead wherever the opportunity or problem exists across the Code Intelligence domain, from language specific indexing work through to platform and front-end engineering.
- Writing as a tool to create compounding returns on alignment, focus, opportunities and understanding of our customers’ needs.
- Optimizing feedback loops at the engineering, product or customer level to speed up iteration.
- Acting as a multiplier at the team and org level by:
- Identifying gaps: identify & fill gaps that are either not visible or fall in inter-team boundaries via clear communication, introducing or changing processes, and prototyping and pushing of solutions.
- Mentoring & sponsoring engineers: Mentoring engineers through guidance and advice and providing a platform for others to gain org-wide visibility.
- Strategically advising engineering teams and cross-functional partnerships for both immediate projects and long-term alignment.