Welcome to the Delivery team! This document will guide you through delivery-specific onboarding tasks to make your start here at Sourcegraph as smooth as it can be. Make sure you’ve read and completed the general engineering onboarding guide.
- Clear knowledge of the company goals, values and code of conduct, as well as Delivery’s mission and vision.
- Know the expected outcome of each Distribution onboarding milestone.
- Become familiar with Delivery responsibilities, tech stack
- Go through Process St Onboarding
- You have a sense of what tools you will be using and for what
If you need access to any system, reach out to your peers in
- Meet your onboarding buddy
- Attend weekly sync meeting
- Deploy your own SG instance using the following install methods:
- Read our Delivery handbook pages
- Join the distribution Slack channels
- Make sure you are added to the Delivery team in Sourcegraph GitHub org. Reach out to #delivery-internal if you’re not.
- Ask to be added to
gcp-deliveryGoogle Group in #it-tech-ops
- Ask to be added to our team on geekbot in #delivery-internal channel.
- Develop high-level understanding of product.
- You are participating in our team rituals.
- Get to know your team.
- Work towards closing one issue.
- Familiarise yourself with the internal infrastructure at Sourcegraph and ownership areas.
- Read through the deployments types presentation
- Schedule a 1 on 1 meeting with each of the engineers in the team
- Set up a local environment. This will be your other test environment. If you get stuck, just post in the #dev-chat Slack channel. You will often want to run Sourcegraph locally when you are troubleshooting or testing.
- Add discussion items to the weekly sync doc.
- Review the list of good-first-issues and select one or two issues to complete.
- Confidently deploy sourcegraph via all supported deployment methods, and understand when a customer would use one over the others.
- Begin diving into and improving technical documentation and processes.
- Understand how sourcegraph is released.
- Confidently contributing to and closing team issues
- Review the sourcegraph install docs and make any appropriate updates.
- Shadow the release captain during the release process. Point out things that don’t make sense, ask questions, in order to help us improve the process.
- Take on new issues, and pair with other engineers.
- Take on the @delivery-support rotation and pair with the customer facing teams to resolve issues.
- Identify inefficiences and raise issues to fix them
- Mentoring direct team members, and engineers in Customer Engineering and Customer Support
- Contribute to long term team goals
- Develop any new material required to help others level up and understand our product
- Add to the teams planning and OKRs