The Product team strives to make the following true:
- The team is working on the most important things to execute on our strategy, and that this is communicated well to teammates and everyone outside of sourcegraph.
- Each teammate has the customer and product context needed (about customer problems, likely future priorities, possible solutions, etc.) to perform their work effectively.
Occasionally the product team takes on special initiatives that are not strictly tied to product delivery. Those are tracked here.
To help guide people within the product organization on career growth we are creating a clearly defined impact ladder.
- Owner: Christina
- Working Document
There are various problems, feature areas, or initiatives related to Product (which sometimes touch on Engineering or other departments) without a clear owner: we need a list of those, what people should do in the meantime for each of them (if we are not actively working on solving them), a link to a ticket or other resource where the work is happening to fix it, and how to report or add one if someone thinks they have found a new ownership gap.
- Owner: TBD
- Beta and experimental feature labels
- Sourcegraph messaging
- Product documents (PDs)
- RFCs (requests for comment)
- User research
- Product licensing
- Key accounts deck (internal only)
- Product Gaps Dashboard (internal only)
- Use cases
- How to work with use cases
- Product team tools