Total interview time: 4.75 hours + ~1 hour project
- [30 min] Initial screen: Meet with our recruiting team to chat about Sourcegraph and what you are looking for in your next role.
- [45 min] Hiring manager screen: We discuss your background, get to know you, and you’ll also get a chance to show off your work, or if you chose the optional portfolio assignment, we’ll go over that as well.
- [1 hr] Resume deep dive: We go through your background in great detail with the hiring manager.
- [1 hr(Async)] Product Education - RFC Assignment This step of our interview process is to have you complete a take home writing exercise in the form of a Request for comments (RFC).
- [1 hr] “Onsite” interview
- [30 min] Assignment review (2 members of Product Manager/Support Team/CE) During this session, we’ll go over your RFC. Our goal here is to focus on what collaboration would look like, how you would talk about the RFC, and how you’d work through getting it implemented.
- [30 min] Values interview with someone from another Sourcegraph team (Marketing, Customer Support, BizOps)
- [30 min] Final interview with Christina Forney, VP Product
- We make you a job offer!
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.