Directly following Company Meeting twice per month, Product and Engineering team members present the latest features and improvements to Sourcegraph.
Demos should be short and easy to prepare for, so that as many team members as possible are able to participate. Demos are recorded for folks across the company, customers, and future team members to reference.
All demos are:
- Features, changes, small bug fixes, or behind the scenes engineering work that are merged into main and are live (i.e. on Sourcegraph Cloud or k8s.sgdev.org).
- Presented (ideally) by one of the teammates who built it.
- Between 3-5 mins. Live demos can be longer than 3 minutes to account for additional setup time (& you get extra SG points)!
- Can be recorded ahead of time and will be played for attendees (optional). If recorded, please limit the video to 3 minutes or less.
We are here to help and support you as you prepare for your demo. Kylie or your team’s PM will work with you to make sure that you can articulate in the simplest way possible why this new feature is awesome for our community and customers.
1. Intro: Your name and team
Hi, my name is <name>, and I’m on the <your team> team. Today I’m presenting <name of your change>.
2. What/why: What problem does this change solve? For who? Why did we build it?
We built this because <reason>.
Previously, <how it was before>, and now <why it’s way better>.
3. Describe: the change, how it works, and demo
Here it is in action. <show demo and briefly explain>
- Turn on do not disturb and/or Slack notifications off
- Only show 1 tab in 1 window (if possible)
- (If you want to record—here’s some helpful tips of how to use Loom)
Here are some examples of great demos previously shared:
We will keep track of and organize the schedule in this demo day schedule.
Tell us what you’re loving and what we can improve on in this feedback survey.