Sourcegraph teammates have the opportunity to purchase their device after they have gone through a device upgrade or when they leave the company, provided that the device is at least a year old.
Tech Ops will source the current trade-in or fair market value of the device and offer a 50/50 purchase price to keep the device as a personal device (please no haggling). Tech Ops will then work with the teammate to finalize payment and perform a factory reset on the device through our endpoint security software. For legal reasons, resets must be performed by Tech Ops and be full factory resets through Workspace One.
Steps for processing a purchase:
- Submit a buyback request form
- Tech Ops will inform you of the total cost and your portion
- Submit payment (via check or Paypal)
- Sign a document accepting ownership of the device ‘as-is’
- Tech Ops will remote wipe the device with Workspace One
All devices must be fully wiped by the last day of employment. If teammates are refreshing their laptops we ask that this process, including a full wipe, is completed within two weeks of receiving a new device.