On your first day, you will find an email from Okta on your personal account. This email includes a link to your Sourcegraph’s Okta sign-in page and your username (your Sourcegraph email address). You need this information to set up your account.
- Open your Okta Welcome Email in a web browser on a computer and select “Activate Okta Account”.
- Enter your username (your Sourcegraph email address) and create a login password. You will be prompted to set up Okta Verify on your mobile device.
- Click “Set up”.
- Select your device type and click “Next”.
- On your device, download Okta Verify from the App or Google Play Store and install it.
Open Okta Verify and follow the instructions.
- Tap “Add Accoun”t.
- Choose the type of account to add. For Okta Verify, choose Organization.
- Organization: Add a multifactor authentication (MFA) account for your work, school, or business that uses Okta as an authentication provider.
- Tap “Scan a QR code” and point your camera at the QR code displayed in the browser on your computer.
- If prompted, allow push notifications on your device so that you can approve future sign-in notifications without opening the Okta Verify app.
- If prompted, enable Face ID or Touch ID. Tap Done to complete the account enrollment.
Your new account is now available in the Okta Verify app.
Once signed in to your Okta Account, you will be taken to the Apps Dashboard (shown below). You can access your Sourcegraph Google Workspace Account (to view your Sourcegraph email inbox) and other assigned applications from this page.