Troubleshooting Issues with Okta Verify
Sometimes you may encounter issues when using Okta Verify. This short guide will help you troubleshoot and resolve common problems.
Check Device Health in Okta Verify Settings
A quick way to identify the issue might be to check the health of the device in the Okta Verify settings.
- Right-click the Okta Verify icon in your taskbar (top right of your window next to the power/search/wifi icons)
- Click ‘Settings’.
- In the settings menu, click ‘Device Health’.
- Observe any indications of issues. If a recommendation is provided, follow the given steps to resolve the problem.
Restart Okta Verify
Sometimes Okta Verify window can get lost behind tabs or stuck and not prompt. Closing and trying again can resolve the issue.
- Right-click the Okta Verify icon in your taskbar.
- Click ‘Quit Okta Verify’.
- Reopen the browser and try reaccessing Okta Verify.
Restart the Browser
Often, issues can be resolved by simply restarting your browser. This can clear out any temporary data or cached files that might be causing problems.
- Close all the tabs you have open.
- Completely exit the browser.
- Reopen the browser and try accessing Okta Verify again.
Sometimes, problems with Okta Verify can be due to the device itself not being up-to-date.
- Check for any system updates for your device.
- If an update is available, install it.
- Once the update is complete, try accessing Okta Verify again.
Reboot the Machine
If none of the previous steps helped, try rebooting your machine. This can solve a host of issues by clearing temporary files and freeing up system resources.
- Save any open files and close all programs.
- Restart your device.
- Once your device has rebooted, try accessing Okta Verify again.
If you’re still encountering issues with Okta Verify after trying all of these steps, consider reaching out to Tech Ops support.