We have a team that is based throughout many parts of the world and we respect everyone’s local holidays. Therefore, there is no need for teammates to provide a specific enumeration of holidays by country, as holidays are explicitly covered as part of our unlimited PTO policy.
Teammates should add their respective holidays to their Sourcegraph calendar and mark themselves as unavailable on those days as far in advance as possible in order to communicate to the team that they will be unavailable for those particular dates. Teammates should also notify both their teammates and manager, as an additional reminder prior to the holiday.
We will reschedule any Monday company meetings and new hire onboardings to the next working day if it would otherwise fall on any of the following holidays:
- New Years Day - observed January 1st
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - observed third Monday in January
- Easter Monday – observed the Monday following Easter Sunday (varies by year, but will fall between March 22 and April 25)
- International Workers’ Day/Labour Day - observed May 1
- U.S. Memorial Day - observed May 31
- Fourth of July - observed the Monday following the 4th of July
- Labor Day (US/Canada) – observed first Monday in September
- Christmas Eve and Christmas - observed December 24th and 25th
Also, there is no company meeting on or between December 23 and January 1. (Most team members will take that time off.)
(List of holidays based on current team observation. If you believe a widely-observed holiday is missing from this list, please reach out to @people-ops)