The search core team owns all parts of Sourcegraph that map an interpreted search query to a set of results:
- Indexed and unindexed search (Zoekt & Searcher)
- Diff/commit search
- Result ranking
To learn more about our goals, see the Search Core strategy page.
The Search Core team has a customer support rotation: each week, one team member will be responsible for fielding questions and requests from Customer Engineering and Customer Support.
The engineer on support rotation can be contacted using the Slack alias
The support rotation can be viewed on Opsgenie: search core schedule.
Should an engineer be unable to fulfill support responsibilities for any reason (for example, due to upcoming time off), they should swap with a teammate.
The search core team plans its work continuously (we don’t do sprints/iterations).
Team syncs, plans and updates:
- The teams holds syncs thrice weekly (M, W, F).
- Before team syncs, teammates add their status and plans to the team sync meeting notes.
- The team discusses the updates live during the sync.
- Updates should be in prose and communicate progress made and pain points.
We use a backlog project board to capture work items we’ve identified.
The first Monday of every month we hold an informal retrospective. This is a time for us to look back at the last month and discuss progress and process.