The Enablement organization comprises teams working on the technical foundations for developing our product. This page describes the overarching mission and strategy that ties these teams together. Each team has an individual strategy page that describes what they are working on and why in more detail. Our strategy home page details our strategies as well as indexes individual team strategy pages.
Our mission is to provide the right technical foundations critical to the success of our customers and product development. We do this by ensuring we have the best tools, processes, and services in place, for use by both customers and our own engineers.
Reduced friction through better processes and tooling, such that both Sourcegraph engineers and Sourcegraph users are able to provide greater value to our customers more reliably and with improved quality.
A frictionless experience developing and utilizing Sourcegraph, such that we can iterate on and release more product value rapidly, in turn enabling customers to experience the value Sourcegraph offers effortlessly.
Sourcegraph is a thought leader in developing and delivering developer tooling, whether SaaS or self-hosted, and we are regularly copied or consulted to advise on our best practices for rapidly shipping easily accessible and high-value products.
We are focused on several themes to help make our one-year vision a reality. They are not listed in priority order, as we are pursuing all of them. To see how these play into what any particular product team is delivering, take a look at the individual team strategy pages, as indexed on our strategy home page
Developing a component system leads to a consistent user experience, faster delivery, and more inclusive design. To ensure better adoption and customer satisfaction with our product we are also focused on improving page rendering performance and perceived performance when a user interacts with the application.
- Key Result - All reusable components from the Wildcard Sticker Sheet are implemented and documented. At the beginning of there were 12 components implemented.
- Key Result - Our developers confirm a high productivity rating (4+ average) when using the Wildcard component library. There is no baseline today.
Enable Sourcegraph customers and prospects to easily access the value our product provides without experiencing friction during the install & upgrade process. Ensure Sourcegraph can be run by any user with a standard engineering background at scale and with ease. Set clear expectations with customers / prospects on the environment requirements necessary to manage Sourcegraph at the scale they seek.
- Key Result - 3 customers have validated an automated deployment method within a production quality environment in less than 8 hours of technical effort
Our company, as well as our user base, is growing rapidly. We want to see all people in our ecosystem succeed, and to do so, we need enriched education and documentation systems.
- Key Result - Time to 10th pull request(TT10PR) merged by new engineers in sourcegraph/sourcegraph is less than 30 days. There is no baseline today.
- Key Result - Increase the number of click-throughs on the Handbook search results to 90%. Today the click-through rate on search results is roughly 25%
When our CI pipeline breaks we need clear indications and rich observability of what is causing the failures so that we can quickly take action on resolving the issues.
- Key Result - Main branch is red for less than 1h per day for sourcegraph/sourcegraph.
As we broaden our reach, prospects and customers look to us to support a large variety of source code management (SCM) systems, in a way that is robust and scalable. We want to provide our user base the means to simply, easily, and reliably connect to all common SCMs.
Code host connectivity, scalability, and reliability underpin all other features within Sourcegraph. We need to ensure Sourcegraph can handle the size and quantity of repositories that future customers own and ensure we can meet any performance requirements customers have that impact code host connections and code storage.
- Key Result - Key customer gets to a technical win in