This page outlines the vision, strategy, and goals of the Identity and Access Management team.
Note: Sourcegraph’s fiscal year runs from February 1, 2022 to January 31, 2023.
Our main focus for is on significantly improving the admin experience. We must provide an efficient and secure way for administrators to specify permissions for repositories and our focus is to significantly improve this experience. Specifically, we are focused on:
- Deliver the highest impact improvements to the Admin Experience for repo permissions syncing as agreed upon with CE
- Deliver new tooling for admins to troubleshoot their instances and invest in training CS to solve more issues without engineering support
- Improve the reliability and usability of the Explicit Permissions API and launch support for permissions mechanisms in parallel
This also includes a number of non-customer facing improvements:
- Fix paper cuts and hacks to improve the overall reliability of existing repo permissions syncing functionality
- Dramatically improve our automated integration and regression testing for everything we own to increase confidence in the quality of what we currently own and launch