The Sales team represents us and our values to customers, bringing back dollars and feedback to help us grow.
- Account Tiers
- Common questions from prospective customers
- Sales team onboarding
- SDR Team
- Sales strategy & ops team
- Sales interview process
- Recording lead and customer emails, calls, and notes
- Using Salesforce
- Sales Resources
- Engaging with Legal
- Engaging with Security
Find the Sales (and the rest of the company’s) OKRs here
Not all team members are reflected here yet. If you see yourself missing, please add yourself!
- Gregg Stone (VP of Sales)
- Dudley Nostrand (Sr. Manager, Value Engineering & Sales Enablement)
- Trey Sizemore (Sales Enablement Manager)
- Scott Cambell (Regional Director of East)
- Greg Bastis (Regional VP of West)
- Prakash Durgani (Head of International Sales)
- Khoshal Wial
- Suki Randhawa
See roles page.
Customer engineering (for customer support)
A customer is an organization with a Sourcegraph subscription contract that has not ended.
- We can only publicly mention the names of customers who have explicitly agreed to be referenceable.
- If an organization’s contract will start in the future, they are still considered a customer. (This can happen when we agree to have a contract start on the next 1st of the month because that makes life easier for a customer, for example.)
Sales Accepted Opportunities are where ALL of the following are true:
- We have completed an intro call/meeting with the company/contact
- Company/contact has expressed some form of interest/need in Sourcegraph
- Contact can be a potential champion or coach
- Company has >50 Developers OR Company is a Commercial account ( <250 employees)
- We have next steps
Any Opportunity that is moved into the Qualification Stage or beyond is automatically tagged as Sales Accepted Opportunity in Salesforce
It is acceptable to create multiple opportunities within the same account. SDR crediting will apply under the following circumstances:
- The new SAO has a new Primary Contact
- The new Primary Contact was not referred by an existing Primary Contact
- There have been no Closed Won opportunities within the past 30 days
- All SAO criteria is met for the newly created opportunity
SDRs should focus on identifying and setting meetings for the AE team that meet the following criteria:
Relevant contact (potential champion or coach) that is aware of / understands code search in some capacity (has used Sourcegraph or another code search tool like OpenGrok, has worked for Google/Facebook and used their tool)
Title/role includes developer productivity, developer experience, API services, distinguished eng, platform engineer, director+ eng
Company has 50+ devs OR Company is a Commercial account ( <250 employees)
Target Accounts are prospective customer accounts that the AE/SDR has specifically identified as priority accounts for outbound prospecting efforts.
Target Accounts can be easily identified in Salesforce by the “Target Account” field designation. To make any updates to this field on a particular account, please contact your manager.
AE can trade a targeted account for an unassigned account with managers approval. Must be in writing and sent to the Manager. If the Manager accepts trade/Account will be transferred to AE. AE’s SDR will be assigned automatically to account and should be notified of the change in ownership.
See also the MQL (marketing-qualified lead) definition.
These are used as join tables in Looker, and are important to connect instance data to a specific customer.