Health benefits at Sourcegraph
US-based Teammates are eligible for health benefits, which are determined jointly by the People and Finance teams on an annual basis. Our benefit plans and information can all be found here. Request the password in the #ask-people-team Slack channel.
All US-based full-time employees and their dependents are eligible for health benefits through Sourcegraph. Benefits are effective on your date of hire.
Others eligible for benefits include:
- Your legal spouse or domestic partner,
- Your unmarried dependent children up until age 26 (including legally adopted and stepchildren), and/or
- Any dependent child who reaches the limiting age and is incapable of self-support because of a mental or physical disability.
Health benefits we offer
Medical / Dental / Vision Benefits
- We offer high-quality medical, dental, and vision care for all US-based full-time employees and their dependents. Sourcegraph covers 100% of premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents (for US-based full-time employees).
Life Insurance Benefits
- We offer basic life insurance and cover the full premium for all US-based full-time employees.
This is your once-a-year chance to enroll in or make changes to your employer-sponsored health plan. You must enroll either upon joining Sourcegraph and/or during Sourcegraph’s annual open enrollment period.
- You must elect or decline benefits
- You may add or drop dependents
- You may set contributions to tax-advantaged accounts
You cannot make changes outside of open enrollment unless you have a qualifying life event (QLE).
New hire benefits enrollment:
All full-time, US-based Teammates are eligible for benefits. Insurance benefits for US-based Teammates become active on your start date.
US-based new hires have 30 days from their start date to enroll in insurance coverage through Rippling. You will receive a Rippling invite at your personal email by your first week. You will use Rippling to find your pay stubs and tax forms, set up your payment information and employment eligibility (I-9), and select your health insurance plans. If you do not have an invite to Rippling by your first week, please contact the People Team in #ask-people-team in Slack or email@example.com.
You can waive your insurance coverage through Rippling. Insurance coverage is automatically waived for any teammate who doesn’t select insurance during their first 30 days.
2023 Open enrollment:
What: Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to review and change your plans, add/or remove dependents, and review your costs and contribution for benefits in the coming year. Outside of open enrollment, you can only make changes to your insurance if you have a “qualified life event” - such as a marriage, or the birth of a child.
When: Sourcegraph’s 2023 US Benefits open enrollment took place from to .
How: To make changes to current benefit elections, or confirm existing elections, please follow instructions in your Rippling account (use the taskbar on the left-hand side to navigate to the heart icon labeled “insurance and benefits.” From here, you should see the option to start your plan selections). Any plan changes, or confirmations, will become effective as of .
2023 Benefit plans
US-based teammates can use this Rippling tool to review insurance plan options as PDFs. Premiums for teammates, spouse, and dependents are covered 100%. You can also reference these PDFs below:
- UnitedHealthcare EPO
- UnitedHealthcare PPO 250
- UnitedHealthcare HSA 1500
- Kaiser HMO
- Kaiser HSA 3000
HSA, FSA, and Dependent Care FSA:
- HSA, FSA and Dependent Care FSA accounts are administered by Rippling.
- HSA Overview and Eligibility
- FSA Overview and Eligibility
- Our 401k Plan is administered by Human Interest. You can view or change your elections via the Human Interest App, accessed through your Rippling homepage.
Digital ID Cards:
All digital insurance cards are located in Lumity, which is our benefits broker. All health insurance cards and coverage questions are handled by Lumity. You will receive physical medical cards, but dental and vision will only be available through the Lumity app.
US-based Teammates can access virtual insurance member IDs in the Lumity mobile app within 7-10 business days after you complete enrollment. You will receive your physical insurance member ID cards via mail 2-4 weeks after you complete enrollment.
If you have not received your insurance member IDs, please reach out to Lumity at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-2-LUMITY
Q: How do I see my benefits selections?
- To view your benefits selections, please log into Rippling.
Q. Does Sourcegraph offer short term disability and long term disability?
- At this time, Sourcegraph does not offer STD and LTD but we are always evaluating our benefit options.
Q. Do our health benefits cover us while traveling internationally?
- They do not, we recommend using a travel insurance for the duration of your trip and expensing this. A common one used for US teammates is GeoBlue.
Q. How do I make changes to my insurance in the case of a qualifying life event (QLE)?
- A Qualifying Life Event (QLE) is a change in your situation, such as getting married or having a baby, that can make you eligible to enroll in health insurance outside of Sourcegraph’s annual Open Enrollment period. If you have experienced a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) and need to update your insurance, you will initiate this process via Rippling. Note: the People Team cannot make updates to benefits on behalf of teammates outside of new hire and open enrollment periods.
Q. What do I do if I have a gap in insurance coverage? (US teammates)
- If you are joining or leaving Sourcegraph and want to avoid having a gap in coverage, you can explore COBRA options. If you have dental and vision insurance at the time you leave Sourcegraph, you will continue receiving those same benefits through COBRA. Benefits through COBRA will expire at the end of the month that you leave Sourcegraph.
Q. What do I do if my medication or procedure is not covered by our insurance plan?
- Our insurance plan cannot be augmented to cover specific medications. Please work with your healthcare provider and contact Lumity to verify.
Q. How can I confirm if something is covered by our insurance plans?
- Please work with your healthcare provider and contact Lumity to verify.
Q. Does Sourcegraph match my 401k?
- Not at this time.
Q. Who handles our 401k?
- Human Interest. You will receive an invite shortly after enrolling in Rippling.
- Not applicable.